Do you love Starbucks and trying secret menu drinks? Here are 10 tips on ordering secret menu drinks at Starbucks!
Starbucks has so many things on their big menu but if you are anything like me, you are always on the lookout for your new favorite! With so many different syrups, sauces, juices, and other ingredients, the list of possible drinks are endless! But it can be a pain to order the drink you are wanting if it’s not on the menu. That is why I made this list to help you order at Starbucks like a pro!
- Starbucks does NOT have an official secret menu. There is a good chance that the barista doesn’t know how to make the drink you are wanting. Be prepared to share the recipe and/or instructions with them.
- Be prepared and have the recipe for the secret menu drink before you get into the drive-thru or in line to order.
- Don’t panic when ordering your secret menu drink! Sometimes ordering something new or something that is not on the menu can be stressful. Just order the drink the way it says on the post and you will sound like a pro!
- Sign up for the Starbucks Rewards program on the Starbucks app! You will earn two stars for every dollar that you spend so you can get those rewards and you get a free drink on your birthday! Also to help you save time, you can order ahead on the app! (note: some of the secret menu drinks can’t be ordered on the app because some of the ingredients are not available)
- Some of the secret menu drinks can be on the pricey side so don’t be surprised by the total. I always use a free drink reward on the higher price drinks!
- Heads up! Sometimes that secret menu drink that you have been craving can’t be ordered. Products are seasonal or they are out of the key ingredient for the drink that you want. I recommend having a backup plan so that you will leave with a drink that you want no matter what!
- Drinks might not look the way it does on this site or on Instagram. There are many different factors why a drink doesn’t look exactly like the photos. It will still taste great!
- Lattes will have 2% milk and Frappuccinos will have whole milk. Those are the standard milk baristas will make your drink with, unless you say otherwise.
- Starbucks has five cup sizes. Short (8oz), Tall (12oz), Grande (16 oz), Venti (hot 20oz and cold 24oz), and Trenta (31oz). The short cup is only for hot drinks and the Trenta cup is only for certain iced drinks like iced tea, refreshers, iced coffee, and cold brew. Sadly, no frappuccinos can be made in the short or trenta cups.
- Lastly, considering tipping your barista if you get awesome customer service when you ordered your secret menu drink!
Leave a Reply